This Privacy Statement was published Mai 29th, 2018.
We at GAP Innovation are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This statement explains why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products, our sales, development and customer service activities.
Who are we?
GAP Innovation develops, distributes and sells navigation and other electronic tools for offroad vehicles. The company’s headquarters is located in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada.
GAP Innovation is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by using our contact form found in the Support section.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are sharing data while using our products.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, email or through our website.
- We collect data during the activation process of a unit.
- We collect device data when a unit is being updated in order to assess its health status.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and GAP Innovation.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our website
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, or phone calls).
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between GAP Innovation and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and development purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information (when applicable). We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in support-related communication and activities, such as phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site. We may also collect vehicle related data.
If you apply for a job at GAP Innovation, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
GAP Innovation does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that GAP Innovation holds about you.
- The right to request that GAP Innovation corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer and using GAP Innovation website, you may update your user profile by logging into GAP Innovation and choose the option “My Account” to edit your details.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for GAP Innovation to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent using our contact form found in the Support section.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating systems, referring pages, paths through the site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. If used alone, cookies do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
We work closely with various third-party product providers to bring you a range of products and services designed to meet your extended needs related to our products. When you enquire about or purchase one or more of these products, the relevant third-party product provider will use your details to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from any contracts you have entered into with them. These third-party product providers will share your information with us, which we will use in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
GAP Innovation reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our website prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact us by using our contact form found in the Support section.